Rugby League Wheelchair
The Melrose Warrior is our custom built Rugby League/Football Wheelchair.
As a fairly recent sport the technology for these chairs has already been developed with the light weight of the Melrose Basketball wheelchair and the strength of the Melrose Rugby wheelchair. We have combined these two ideas with a light weight 1" frame built with 1.5" bottom rails. The bottom rails are further reinforced with 1.5" tubes to the capped 1.5" wing for additional strength. Although Wheelchair Football League is a non contact sport, experience has taught us that a strong wheelchair will perform better over extended time.
All our Warrior wheelchairs are built by highly experienced fabricators who understand the rigors of football. As a small customer focused company we encourage you to talk directly with the fabricator of your new wheelchair to ensure you get the product you desire, this is a service we are committed to offering you. We use the highest quality materials and components to build our wheelchairs, many of the components are built in-house by our team of qualified engineers using the latest CNC technology.
Checkout our options/accessories below.
- Fixed camber bar between 12° and 20°
- Cross spoked wheels 24” with high pressure tyres
- Hard anodised pushrims and quick release axles
- Rollerblade castors
- Adjustable height footplate
- Adjustable height back
- Adjustable tension seat sling, back upholstery, foot strap
OPTIONS AND ACCESSORIES
- Tapered seat width and back
- Adjustable tension seat back
- Alloy, ABS or fabric skirt guards
- Ergo seat and back
- Double or single swivel anti-tips with alloy or plastic plating protection
- ABS or alloy footplate fixed or fully adjustable
- Spinergy wheels - 24”, 25” or 26”
- Various spoke guard designs:
- Alloy spoke guards
- Oversize pushrims
- Hip strap, back bar cover, cushions 1” 2” 3” or 4”
- Wheel bag to accomodate (two or four) 24”, 25” or 26” wheels
The Melrose Warrior Sports Chairs come with a large range of custom fittings and accessories. Choose from the selection below and tick the box/s on the wheelchair script form.