The Melrose Rhino, our custom built Rugby Sports Chairs, are fabricated after careful consultation with the athlete. They are all manufactured to comply with International rules of the IWRF.
All our Rugby Sports Chairs are built by highly experienced fabricators who are working for a company that has over 15 years involvement in the sport. As a small customer focused company we encourage you to talk directly with the fabricator of your new Rhino sports chair to ensure you get the product you desire, this is a service we are committed to offering you.
We use the highest quality materials and components to build our sports chairs, many of the components are built in-house by our team of qualified engineers using the latest CNC technology.
Some of our design features include:
- pickbars mounted to the front that are designed to strike and in some cases hold opposing sports chairs,
- wings, positioned in front of the main wheels to make the sports chair more difficult to stop and hold,
- rear mounted anti tip guards positioned at the rear to also make the sports chair more difficult to hold, and
- all our rugby chairs have spoke guards, to prevent spoke damage, and to make them more difficult to stop and hold.
Offensive chairs with various wing alternatives or defensive chairs with variations of pickbars can be built, you can view the options for these chairs below.
If you are committed to the game, we are committed to providing you with the best equipment.
- Offensive or Defensive chair
- Choice of pick bar styles in alloy and steel
- Fixed camber bar between 12° and 20°
- Cross spoked wheels 24” with high pressure tyres
- Hard anodised pushrims and quick release axles
- Rollerblade castors
- Adjustable height footplate
- Adjustable height back
- Adjustable tension seat sling, back upholstery, foot strap
- Single wing (on offensive only)
OPTIONS AND ACCESSORIES
- Individual designs for wings can be accommodated - double, single and/or inverted
- Tapered seat width and back
- Adjustable tension seat back
- Alloy, ABS or fabric skirt guards
- Ergo seat and back
- Double or single swivel anti-tips with alloy or plastic plating protection
- ABS or alloy footplate fixed or fully adjustable
- Offensive or defensive style steel bolt on pick bar
- Spinergy wheels - 24”, 25” or 26”
- Various spoke guard designs:
- Polycarb offensive and defensive
- Polyethylene offensive
- Polyethylene / red rubber defensive
- Alloy spoke guards
- Red or black rubber coated pushrims. Oversize pushrims with 6 or 12 tape
- Hip strap, back bar cover, cushions 1” 2” 3” or 4”
- Wheel bag to accomodate (two or four) 24”, 25” or 26” wheels
The Melrose Rhino, Warrior and Torpedo Sports Chairs come with a large range of custom fittings and accessories. Choose from the selection below and tick the box/s on the wheelchair script form.